To apply for an internship, please contact Richard at email@example.com and include a current resume.
Art This Week (www.artthisweek.com) is a website and video podcast devoted to the visual arts, featuring in-depth interviews with artists and curators about current exhibitions. Over the past two years, we have been honored to interview artists like Michael Craig Martin, Liam Gillick, Eve Sussman, Robert Lazzarini, Jim Lambie, and Trenton Doyle Hancock, just to name a few. We film at all major art institutions throughout the D/FW metroplex. In addition to our podcast we have a calendar of events and links to local, national, and international art news.
We are looking for students and young professionals with flexible schedules, as well as an academic background in art, art history and art education (MA or MFA preferred) to fill the following positions:
• Development Intern – ATW is looking for an individual with an interest in fundraising for a grassroots non-profit organization. An individual with ties to the art community in North Texas is preferred. Responsibilities: assist in the planning and development of a fundraising campaign for Art This Week, maintaining our database, assisting the Executive Director with the non-profit application process, and contributing to our weekly production meetings. (10 hours/week)
• Programming Intern – ATW is looking for an individual to assist with planning and development of programming and content. An individual with a background in education and the creativity to develop web-based educational programming, is preferred. Responsibilities: developing and coordinating current and future programming, maintaining the educational direction of the website, and contributing to our weekly production meetings. (10 hours/week)
• Education Intern – ATW is looking for an individual currently studying for a Masters in Museum Education who is interested in developing multimedia programming geared towards children and families. Responsibilities: reaching out to local museum education departments to address their needs, developing partnerships and relationships with schools, and working with our team at weekly production meetings to create a children’s education program to be added to our podcast network. (10 hours/week)
• Web Development Intern – ATW seeks a web administrator and social media manager to help update the website and post regularly to social media feeds. A working knowledge of blogging software, like wordpress, is essential. In addition, knowledge of current trends in online and social media is important. Responsibilities: posting videos and news to our website, maintaining our calendar of exhibitions and events online, creating a monthly newsletter for our audience, working with our team to improve the overall functionality of our website and attending Art This Week production meetings once a month.(4-5 hours/week)
• Video Production & Editing Intern – ATW is looking for a video production assistant to help with on-location filming and post-production editing. At least one-year experience with video and audio production is required. In addition, working knowledge of video editing software, like Adobe Premier or Final Cut is mandatory. You must be in the process of receiving a degree or have finished a RTF program. Responsibilities: help with on location video and audio production, post-production editing, and attending Art This Week production meetings once a month. (4-5 hours/week)
• Host/Interviewer – ATW is looking for an outgoing, people-oriented individual with an art historical background (MA or MFA preferred). On-camera experience is preferred but not required. Interviews are conducted Tuesday through Saturday during museum and gallery business hours. In addition to approximately one hour for each interview, you are responsible for one to two hours of research, travel time, and attendance at weekly production meetings as needed. Auditions for hosting and interviewing opportunities will be held in mid to late August. (4 hours/week)
Overall, Art This Week is looking for outgoing, people-oriented, professional, and “think on their feet” individuals who are eager to work in a team environment. Fluent Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.
All positions at this time are unpaid, as we are a grass-roots organization currently seeking non-profit status. This is an opportunity to gain experience, meet important members of the international art world, and contribute within your local arts community and beyond.
To apply for an internship, please contact Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a current resume.
*Art This Week Productions is a sponsored organization of Artspire, a project of the New York Foundation for the Arts.
Last updated: July 2011